Sunday, September 11, 2005

And Now, a Heretical September 11th Memorial Posting

For some reason, I'm thinking of the nineteen men who went on the planes with the intention of flying them into buildings.

Never mind the oddities of what happened -- how the Twin Towers fell so quickly, the acrobatics that had the Pentagon hit at its least deadly side (as compared to where it would have logically hit), and the contradictory testimony from the ground that seemed to point towards a missle strike on flight 93 (understandable considering what happened, but a distraction from the "Let's Roll" mythology (based on what happened on-plane, I must add) that's taken hold). Just the nineteen "muslims," some of whom seem to have thrown away their chance at 72 virgins by some questionable actions the night before.

I'm wondering: What would these guys have been thinking as they prepared for their duties? Would they have been thinking only of Allah and of the virgins they would have had the glory of entering? Would they have prayed? Would they have been sober-minded and quite?

Would there have been a song going through their heads?

Surely, they must have heard this song on the radio during their years waiting for their call. The bells, I'm sure reminded them of the islamic call to prayer; the music was hard enough to block out alternative thoughts, and the lyrics (after rewriting the first part of verse two) would have sounded like the soundtrack to their planned actions (with their victims going to Hell while they go to Paradise)

And Now:

Hell's Bells
(Young, Young, Johnson)

I'm the rolling thunder; the pouring rain.
I'm comin' on like a hurricane.
White lightning's flashing across the sky!
You're only young but you're gonna die!

I won't take no prisoners - won't spare no lives!
Nobody's putting up a fight!
I got my fill; I'm gonna take you to hell;
I'm gonna get you - Satan get you...

CHORUS:
Hell's Bells!
Yeah, Hell's Bells!
You got me ringing Hell's Bells!
My temperature's high! Hell's Bells!

I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine.
If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine.
See my white light flashing as I split the night,
'Cause if good's on the left, then I'm stickin' to the right!

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives;
Nobody's puttin' up a fight.
I got my fill; I'm gonna take you to hell;
I'm gonna get you - Satan get you...

CHORUS

Yeow!
Hell's Bells, Satan's comin' to you!
Hell's Bells, he's ringing them now!
Hell's Bells, the temperature's high!
Hell's Bells, across the sky...
Hell's Bells, they're takin' you down.
Hell's Bells, they're draggin' you around.
Hell's Bells, gonna split the night!
Hell's Bells, there's no way to fight! Yeah!

Ow, ow, ow, ow!

Hell's Bells!

No comments: