Monday, July 11, 2005

Today, Grand Rapids; Tomorrow, Michigan???

Dick DeVos Enters Race for Governor

Crap. Just when I think things couldn't get worse.

Dick DeVos, son of Amway cofounder Richard DeVos, thinks he can win Michigan. Sad thing is, he could probably win that state. The present Democratic Governor seems to have messed things up (like James J. Blanchard, the last Democratic Governor of Michigan), and seemes to be as unlikeable as Blanchard was likeable. Plus DeVos has the money to run his own campaign, allowing the Michigan Republican party to place its funds elsewhere. As long as he keeps his nose clean and his advertisements generically fuzzy, he may win.

Our state still hasn't recovered from Engler. And that guy would probably still be governor of that state if it weren't for term limits.

I've written and archived a bunch of stuff on Amway/Quixtar and hope not to mention them any more than I just did. There are better, more up-to-date forums for that, and I'm not about to do what it takes to join them (I've done my time). My hope is that those disaffected by Amway/Quixtar will rise up and make him take responsibility for the harm his family's allowed for forty plus years.

(by the way...Hello, Amway. Nice to know you've visited my Blog. Hope you enjoyed it (and come back).)

No comments: