Saturday, July 02, 2005

My Sore Toe

The last couple days has been painful for me. Walking has especially been troublesome, and I love to walk.

The trouble started on Wednesday, with a small pain in the big toe on my left foot. I barely noticed it until the end of the day, when it throbbed when I went to sleep.

Thursday I was lucky to get a morning off, so I went to a doctor and had him look at it. He said there was an infection that started near where the cuticle was, so he gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Got that filled, worked the rest of the day.

Friday I took off. Toe was too painful and big. It was getting better in the evening, though.

Today (Saturday) I worked. It was okay except when I walked, and at that point it wasn't just the toe that hurt -- the pain went up and down my left leg. My right leg felt it, as well. Spent much of the time with the left shoe off so my toe could feel comfortable.

I'll take it as easy as I can Sunday, and hopefully when I'm back at work Monday (for some of us, July 4 is just another workday) I hope to be able to do what I want and need to do without hurting. In the meantime I chose to do fireworks at the place that, last year, had inferior fireworks because there I could drive up to where I could sit and watch.

Here's the thing: when your body goes wrong, you learn to deal with it. More on that in a few days -- I wish to relax and get better.

No comments: